Part time – 20 Hours per week. Salary:- £11.00 per hour
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Cleaning Supervisor.
The Cleaning Supervisor will work in over 3 of the school sites ensuring that your team of 11 cleaning staff are delivering excellence in all aspects of cleaning in a non-domestic environment.
- Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide an efficient and professional cleaning service for all areas of the school.
- Supervision of and support within the cleaning services team
- Plan and organise all school cleaning services including short notice absence cover
- Keep up to date with all guidelines and legislation regarding cleaning standards with particular regard to Covid-19 guidelines
- Regularly review cleaning risk assessments for all areas of the school
- Retain records of cleaning activities and inspections carried out
- Ensure the weekly timesheets are completed, checked and returned by agreed dates
Additional responsibilities when necessary:
- Refresh communal areas, if required
- Assistance setting up halls and conference room
- General light maintenance and decorations
- Extra assistance in association with major school events
- Cover on a rota basis for absent colleagues when required, which may involve some change in hours/times
- Any other related duties, as directed by your Manager
Ideally you will have experience of providing cleaning services within a non-domestic environment and will have a basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
You should also have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of staff.
Any offer of employment will be subject to receiving a satisfactory Scheme Record through the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Please note that the working hours are 2.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday. This is a term-time position with an additional 6 days to be worked during the school holidays.
Applications are invited by submitting a letter of application and CV detailing your work history and the name and email address of two referees. Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier.
Closing date: Friday 10 September 2021 at 12 noon. Please note that interviews will be held very shortly thereafter.
Boarding House Tutors
Lomond School has a number of vacancies for Volunteer Resident Tutors in its boarding house. These posts are unsalaried but provide rent free accommodation throughout the year and meals during term time. Previous occupants of the positions have been PGDE or Post Graduate students in Glasgow or individuals seeking to gain volunteer experience with young people before applying for these courses or other occupations working with young people. Successful applicants will be required to apply for and receive PVG scheme membership as you will be working in a regulated environment. This will become your personal PVG scheme membership record and, as such, we will ask you to pay for this. The current cost of this is £59.
For an informal discussion about these roles please contact the Pastoral Depute Head, Mr Alister Minnis at email@example.com or by phoning 01436 672476. More information is also available by clicking here.
We are recruiting a self-motivated and enthusiastic full-time Janitorial Handyperson who would thrive in a busy environment. In this role you will be responsible for delivering an integrated janitorial, cleaning and caretaking service to the school. This role is a full year full-time role.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a similar role.
Applications are invited by submitting the school application form and an accompanying letter outlining why your skills and why you wish to be considered for this post. Please note that we do not accept applications via CV.
For more information and to apply please follow the links below:
For the Application Pack containing the Job Description please click here.
To download the Application Form for this position please click here.
To download and complete the Equal Opportunity Form please click here.
Make an enquiry
We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have or provide you with further information by phone, email or post.