We are looking for a visionary educational leader to help steer our school in its next phase of development, focusing on a clear and compelling vision.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an intuitive and deep-thinking individual to shape the education of the next generation and contribute to their success.
About Lomond School
Lomond School, is the only co-educational independent day and boarding school, in the West Scotland for children aged 3 to 18 years old. With an individualised approach to learning, strong academic results, outstanding outdoor learning, and a wide and varied extra-curricular programme, our school delivers a perfectly balanced education tailored to every child.
Our academic results are consistently well above the National Average. The majority of our young people will move beyond school and onto university courses, most receiving their first choice. We believe passionately that education should be about supporting our pupils to develop and grow both academically and personally, as rounded individuals with strong values, who are ultimately prepared to embark confidently and successfully on their life beyond Lomond School.
About the Position
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Competitive salary, Relocation allowance, Fee reduction for dependents, Pension scheme, and a strong sense of community
Start Date: January 2024
Application Closing Date: 12pm 14 July 2023
Interview Dates: Thursday 17 and Friday 18 August
You will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership to the school, ensuring the implementation and growth and development of our curriculum (including the International Baccalaureate Programmes).
- Developing strong relationships with students, parents, and the wider educational community, promoting open communication and partnership in education.
- Leading and inspiring a team of dedicated educators, promoting professional growth, collaboration, and the sharing of best practices.
- Ensuring the school’s compliance with both HMIe and IB standards and practices, maintaining accreditation, and upholding the highest quality of education.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Principal who has:
- Successfully led a school, either through Headship or significant time as a senior leader;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Sufficient commitment and energy to understand all facets of the school (and where necessary, the commitment to ‘roll up your sleeves and DO’);
- Ambition and vision for school development – a drive to perfection; and
- A passion for providing an outstanding education.
To find out more about this role, please read our Headteacher Information Pack, here.
If this sounds like the job for you then APPLY TODAY!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill out our Application Form and return along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr Alistair Hart, Chairman of the Board of Governors, which sets out your interest in the role and encapsulates the aspects of your experience relevant to the required criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see application form here
Lomond School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and Disclosure Scotland PVG check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
Mr. David Vescio
Coming to Lomond from Glasgow has been a very fulfilling experience
from both a professional and academic perspective. The class sizes have
enabled me to develop, as well as expand, my teaching practice and the
pupils who come here from all over the world are keen and excited to
learn. The team at Lomond has also made me feel very welcome, despite
the difficulties of the pandemic. From social gatherings in the staff room
to ceilidhs at the boarding house, there is no doubt in my mind that I plan
on staying here! A former IB pupil myself, I know how invaluable this
inclusive, forward-looking and international environment can be for both
pupils and staff
Make an Enquiry
We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have or provide you with further information by phone, email or post.