IB & SQA Exam Results
IB Results 2023
Lomond School is thrilled to announce that the entire first pioneering cohort of International Baccalaureate pupils have gained their qualification and achieved an average score significantly higher than the global average. Our 2023 results show:
– A perfect 100% pass rate; far exceeding the UK pass rate of 94.7%
– Pupils offered places at top universities, including Queen’s University Belfast, University of Salford, University of Strathclyde, University of Glasgow, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, University of Stirling, University of Dundee, Queen Mary University of London and University of Aberdeen.
– A third of all awards were a 6 or 7, the equivalent to A* and A.
– An average IB points score of 34; significantly higher than the global average of 30 points.
– A 100% pass rate for the HNC (Higher National Certificate) in Business, usually completed in the first year of college or university, for those who took this as part of the IB Career-related pathway.
– Two pupils scored 42 points, which places them amongst the top academics around the world.
SQA Results 2023
Following our wonderful IB results in July, we are thrilled to announce another fantastic set of exam results from our SQA candidates.
- Above the national average for all National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher results
- 71% of grades across all exams were A or B
- 18 subjects achieved 100% pass rate
- Half of N5 cohort will gain silver academic colours for achieving 6 or more A’s
- 92% of leavers have secured their 1st choice university (72% National average)
- Further Education destinations include Cambridge, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Glasgow, Queen’s, GSOA
- Further education subjects include Medicine, Law, International Business, Engineering, Finance
Johanna Urquhart, Lomond School Principal said: “Once again, we are delighted with the results our young people have achieved in their SQA exams. Their commitment to their learning has been rewarded with a strong set of results and they have done themselves, and the school proud. We look forward to welcoming those back who are continuing their education with Lomond School. We also wish those well who leave us, many for further education at top universities across the UK, including the prestigious University of Cambridge. I would also like to thank and congratulate the teachers who have successfully taught both IB and SQA courses this year. Their incredible hard work, dedication and professionalism has made these impressive results, for both IB and SQA, possible.”
Pupils from Argyll and Bute, Dunbartonshire and Stirlingshire, alongside boarders from both home and abroad performed strongly at all levels, demonstrating again the powerful ethos of achievement and support at Lomond School identified by Education Scotland in their most recent inspection visit.
Presentations and Pass Rates 2022
|Level||Presentations||A – C||A – B||A|
*In 2021, Lomond School introduced the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme. Therefore, our 2022 SQA Higher and Advanced Higher results are based on a smaller number of our Sixth Form cohort than previous years. We look forward to sharing the results of our IB programmes in summer 2023.
Book a Tour
We welcome prospective pupils and their families all year round and work with you to help you get the most from your visit.